March 10, 2015

The Learning Continues with Plickers ...(Even Through This Crazy Test Time!)

As we approach the PARCC Assessment finish line, I hear a huge sigh of relief.  I was talking to some students, and the test is receiving mixed reviews. 


"I loved it. There were not as many questions."
"Give me back paper-pencil." 
"I really liked the ELA on the computer, but would rather have my paper-pencil for math."

I'm anxious to speak to you to see what you thought.


Do you want to see something impressive?  During this crazy test time, the learning is still continuing in Rachael Fryman's room. ( I am sure it is in your room also.)

Rachael and her student teacher Becca Maddox busted out some new technology called "Plickers".

Plickers is a great student response system that is perfect for classroom that do not have clickers. Let me explain.  Each student is given a piece of card stock that has a QR code printed on it. Each code card can be turned in four orientations. Each orientation provides a different answer. When the teacher is ready to collect data, he or she uses the Plickers mobile app (App Store or Google Play) to scan the cards to see a bar graph of responses. Teachers can create and save as many questions and responses as they like. The data collected can be viewed in a web browser or the mobile app.

I n this photo you can see that Rachael has just asked a question.  Her students are holding up their cards and Rachel is using her iPhone to scan the class and collect the answers.  How cool is that? 




After class, Rachael asked her students how they liked using Plickers.  They loved it. They liked the fact that they all had a chance to be a part of the class and could not see others answers.   Some even liked it better the Kahoot! 

Would you like to try Plickers in your classroom?  It is easy.  Let's work together and make it happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment