“There can be infinite uses of the computer and of new age technology, but if teachers themselves are not able to bring it into the classroom and make it work, then it fails.” - Nancy Kassebaum

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gliffy

Gliffy is everything a concept mapping tool should be. First, it is FREE! Second, it does not require an account or download! It reminds me a lot of inspiration with the exception that it is FREE!
A few of the things our students can make are:
  • Concept Maps
  • Flow Charts
  • Floor Plans
  • Network Diagrams
  • Interactive Venn Diagrams
Sample:
To introduce my students to this tool I had them make a quick floor plan of their bedroom. Honestly, this took them about ten minutes.
Next, I asked them to make a simple chart to demonstrate their knowledge of Microsoft office.

I believe that Gliffy is an amazing site that we should all take a look at. Did I mention it was free?

3 comments:

  1. We used Gliffy for a while too but then we ran out of their free space! They only let everyone make 5 diagrams and then you have to pay.

    We did find another alternative which we've loved - Lucid Chart which is free for teachers and students. Dare I say it's better than Gliffy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanna, Thanks for the information! I love looking at new sites and will take a look at Lucid Chart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice commitment i would like to visit again

    ReplyDelete