March 20, 2011

Proportion Land

Wait until you see what I have found for my math teacher friends! Proportion Land is a online amusement park that has students reasoning their way through eight interactive exercises. Students explore and apply proportional reasoning skills to solve a variety of science-based, real world problems.

Sample
Each exercise has five sections; engage, explore, explain, extend and evaluate.

The Engage section has a nicely produced video to spark the students interest.
The explore section includes several interactive exercises.
The explain section includes a audio explanation of the concept.
Finally, the evaluation section is a flash-based quiz that allows students two times to get the correct answer.
We owe the Alabama Public Television for Proportion Land. It is a fantastic math site!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I think it would be perfect for my accelerated classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I am glad you like it. I am always amazed at the things you can find for FREE! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete