“There can be infinite uses of the computer and of new age technology, but if teachers themselves are not able to bring it into the classroom and make it work, then it fails.” - Nancy Kassebaum

Monday, March 14, 2011

Twister

Russel Tarr is one of my Tech Heros! This man is amazing! He is constantly presenting us with new classtools that we can use with our students. The latest tool I tried was Twister! My students really had a great time, and they learned something!

Twister is a tool that allows our students to make fake twitter pages for historical characters. The form asks for a username, a real name, a tweet, and a date. When you click "submit" your information is magically presented into a twitter-like page complete with a great photo. It's just like magic!

Sample:

I wish I could show you all of them! They were great! I had my students go and watch short videos on the biography web site to get their ideas flowing.

Thank you Mr. Russel for this great classroom tool!

1 comment: