March 27, 2011

Scribble Map

Scribble Map is just about the coolest thing since sliced bread! Scribble Maps is just what it sounds like, a web site that lets you scribble over a Google map.

But wait, it is SO MUCH MORE!
You can also
  • annotate
  • draw
  • add shapes
  • add place marks with titles and descriptions
  • add images
  • add a legend
But wait, there is MORE!
You can also
  • print
  • embed
  • save as a JPEG
  • save as a GPX file (GPS File)
  • save a KML file (Opens in Google Earth)

Sample:
The Great Miami River flows through the city I live in. I had my students trace the Great Miami all the way to the Ohio River.






Now my brain is just spinning with ideas on how we could use this application with our students. How will you use this amazing tool?

Bonus: Make sure you sign up for the Scribble Map Pro account to get some extra goodies.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really great! Thanks! I'm going to check it out and see if I can use it to track Odysseus' travels as he left Troy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete