March 4, 2011

Prezi Collaboration

My students love Prezi. This week I did a project with them that involved Type With Me and Prezi. I teach seven classes of seventh grade computer applications. I paired up students from different classes and had them collaborate on one Prezi presentation. What they did not know is that I purposefully paired leaders with followers just to see how they would behave in an anonymous online environment.

Sample:
Step One:
I set up a Type With Me document and gave access to both students. I gave them about ten minutes of two class periods to discuss what their presentations were going to be about and how they were going to divide the work load.
Step Two:
I set up one Prezi for them and made them both editors. This is so simple. Make the Prezi then exit out of it. On the bottom right of the screen you will see "Invite Editors". This gives you an unique URL to share between the two partners.

I have Edmodo accounts set up so I just shared their links on their Edmodo accounts.

In all honesty, it was a lot of work and I am not sure I would do the anonymous factor again. However, I will definitely do the Prezi collaboration and the Type with Me planning again, I just may have them choose partners and set up their own accounts.

Here is their finished project:

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know about the Invite Editors feature. Thanks, Robin! We'll be using this collaboration tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the students need an account to edit? I am working with 5th graders and we don't have student email accounts. How can I get around this without having them all work under my login?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jamie, If you are going to collaborate they do need an account, however, you can use a fake email. I use their last name@cougars.com. Hope it works out for you. I have found it really frustrating explaining the meaning of collaboration to my 7th graders, however, it is definitely a 21st century skill they all need to master.
    Let m know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete