February 8, 2011

GFC Learn Free

GCFLearnFree.org® is supported by the Goodwill Community Foundation, Inc.(GCF®) whose mission is "to create and provide education, employment, and life enrichment opportunities for people who desire to improve the quality of their lives". They have created quality, innovative online learning opportunities to anyone who wants to improve the technology, literacy, and math skills necessary for them to be successful in both work and life. The best part is that these activities are FREE!

Sample:
To get a real understanding of how powerful these lessons are, you need to go to the site and experience them for yourself. I have chosen two of my favorites to sample for you.
* To get to these activities you need to follow the "All Topics" link.

ATM: Students practice using an ATM machine in a realistic simulation.*
Please make sure your speakers are turned up.












Pay Debit: walks the learner through the process of paying for a prescription with a debit card in a realistic simulation.*












* Not all activities are realistic simulation.

I promise, I really can not tell you how exciting this site is until you experience it. I have a very good friend who works with special needs students and she uses this site before she takes them out into the community.

I hope you can find time to look at GCFLearnFree.org. Let me know what you think in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool site for practicing these skills! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keith, I am glad you like this site. I think it is FANTASTIC and was starting to worry that no one had seen it. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete