February 14, 2011

Fake Twitter Builder

Who isn't a fan of Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day? His "best of" series is enough to make this tech-girl's heart a flutter. (Happy Valentines Day!) His "Best Tools For Creating Fake "Stuff" For Learning" is a must read for all. Today, I played around a bit with the Fake Twitter Builder.

Sample
My students are working on a project and a few were finished early. I asked them to use the Fake Twitter Builder to have a conversation with St. Valentine. I gave them a website that had a brief history so they could quickly gather their facts. This assignment took about fifteen minutes to complete.


I am so excited about this new tool. My mind is spinning with possibilities for assignments. The students are still researching, still writing, just in their style.

Can you think of a way to use the Fake Twitter Builder?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the resource. We are using Fake Twitter for our Romeo and Juliet assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! Sounds like a great project!!

    ReplyDelete