February 25, 2011

Color

If you are anything like me, when you design a wiki, blog or IWB lesson you NEED all of your colors to match and coordinate. I have some nice tools to share with you.

I enjoy using Color Scheme when I am starting from scratch. Take a look at how you can choose mono, complimentary, and other combinations. Once you find the color combination you like, you can click on the color for the Hex Color Code number.






Many times I like to work with a photo that has color combinations that catches my eye. If the photo I am working with is on my computer, I use Color Hunter. After uploading an image, Color Hunter will extract the colors and provide you with the Hex Color Code combination.



If the photo is from the internet I use Color Suckr. After providing the URL to the photo, Color Suckr will extract the colors and provide you with the Hex Color Combinations.

Samples:
Here are a few wikis that I designed using the color themes around photos.

1 comment:

  1. For a quick method of finding a color check this out (Mac only)
    http://smalltowngeeks.net/2011/01/19/apple-quick-tip-color-utility/

    ReplyDelete