January 17, 2011

Wonderopolis

Have you ever wished that you could find instant, thought provoking pictures, texts and videos that students would be interested in? Would you ever imagine that you could find that and it would be FREE? Have you seen Wonderopolis? It is beyond the imagination.

Wonderopolis is an amazing website that offers our students a new "wonder" everyday. These are things that students often wonder about, but many times we do not have time in our day to explain to them. The good people at "Wonderopolis" offer our students a written explanation, a short video, and a suggestion for further exploration.

Sample:
How Can I use this in My Classroom?
I teach a seventh grade computer app class and once a week I have my students discover one of the wonders and then teach someone else about their wonder through their blog.

I also make a "wordle" with a "wonder" and my students have to guess which wonder I am using. It is a "Wordle Wonder". They love this activity.

Have you used Wonderopolis? Do you other ideas? Please share in the comments below.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome way to engage your students with Wonders of the Day! We look forward to hearing more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderopolis is a teachers dream. Instant lesson plans. :)

    ReplyDelete